Help make homes safer for air breathers everywhere.
We believe everyone deserves to breathe easy. If you’re passionate about clean air too, we’d love to have you join our squad. 👊
Everyone has the right to clean air. And now with Mila, everyone has the opportunity to breathe it.
Our mission is clear.
While people examine the labels on everything they eat, they don’t know a thing about the air they breathe. We’re here to change that with thoughtful, insightful air-pliances that help bring cleaner, healthier air to every home. If you don’t need any convincing on why this mission matters...great. You’re one of us already.
Curious can-doers welcome.
We question how everything is done. It’s a trait that can be annoying to friends and family members but has served us well. We’re great at seeing problems and even better at fixing them. Can you relate?
You’re gonna like it here.
Air 🍃 is everywhere and so are we.
A 100% remote and Slack-connected team, our squad sits in North America, South America, Europe, New Zealand, and Asia. Live outside one of those areas? Cool. We wouldn’t mind having a team member on every continent.
just getting started.
Join our squad and get in on the ground floor of a company with a big mission that’s never been more relevant—and help make the world a better place for all air breathers.
Three dads living in Shanghai set out to build the best air purifir on the market, naming it after one of their own daughters.
Mila launches on Kickstarter as the most successful (and smartest) air purifier in crowdfunding history.
Mila goes global — shipping in Canada, Australia and the UK.
Mila named one of TIME’s Best Inventions of the year.
Mila introduces Mila Halo —the humidifier, reinvented.
And this is where you come in ...
the Mila fam.
Check out the positions we’re currently hiring for. Have an idea for a role not listed here? Drop us a line to say “hi” and tell us about it. 🙂
Head of Mobile User Experience
As the head of mobile user experience, you’ll lead the UX function and sit at a critical intersection between the design, engineering, marketing and customer service teams. You will be responsible for driving the overall success of feature releases: from prioritizing customer feedback, to developing roadmaps, design specs, coordinating design reviews, engineering sprints, beta reviews and QC.
We are looking for candidates with a strong creative and design background who have a point of view, can communicate their ideas visually, and stresses over details. Product and project management experience highly preferred as this role sits at the intersection of design and product management.
- Lead the Mobile Design UX capability with a creative, collaborative and deeply thoughtful approach to create the best possible user experience.
- Continuously gain new customer insights, user trends, and design practices to improve the user experience.
- Develop top-notch feature specs with mockups, wireframes and walkthroughs.
- Collaboration with the design, engineering, marketing and customer service teams on both planning, pre-release and post-release activities.
- Scheduling, project management and roadmapping.
- At least 5+ years experience in a UX design role or leadership role
- At least 3+ years experience of UI design experience
- At least 2+ years in project and/or product management experience
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user centered design principles
- Ability to collaborate effectively as part of a distributed, multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal communication, analytic and leadership skills
Director of Engineering
As the Director of Engineering, you’ll lead our distributed team of 20+ smart and dedicated backend, mobile, frontend, ecom, firmware, control system and hardware engineers. Candidates with consumer IOT experience will be at the top of our list. This is a critical, high impact role where you will define and lead the strategic and technical direction, along with culture and execution.
- You will be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of hardworking backend, frontend, firmware and hardware engineers in delivering thoughtful, customer-focused features.
- You will work alongside product, manufacturing, marketing and customer service teams to create and maintain a portfolio of products that customers rave about.
- You will be a key member of the leadership team
- You will drive and own the product roadmap: from short term feature releases, to mid-term product releases, to blue-sky R&D initiatives.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity inherent to startups and can decide and act without having the total picture, and solve problems that don’t have a clear solution.
- 10+ years of overall experience in software engineering and prior experience at an early stage product or company that has seen considerable growth
- 5+ years engineering management experience
- 3+ years consumer IOT experience
- Experience recruiting, developing and retaining top-notch engineering talent
- Proven track record leading a multidisciplinary team
- Experience as an early engineering leader, and desire to lead at an early stage again
- Ability to ship complex projects in an environment with multiple dependencies (manufacturing, hardware, firmware, backend, mobile)
Director of Product Design Engineering
As the Director of Product Design Engineering, you’ll lead our growing team of mechanical engineers, CFD engineers, material scientists, industrial designers, and factory/supplier liaisons. Candidates who have led innovative consumer IoT product and been involved in bringing them to market will be at the top of our list. The team will be looking to you to manage 2-3 year hardware roadmaps and drive that through to prototyping, validation, testing, tooling and deliver. Your goal will be to build an organization that can launch at least 1 new hardware product per year. A crazy eye for detail is a must. A deep desire to develop truly innovative products is a must. Hitting deadlines and managing expectations is a must.
We don't work in silos or have lots of hierarchy. You will be working closely with the marketing and operations team, software team, and report to the CEO.
The right personality is just as important as your skills. We are building a thoughtful product and strive to be a thoughtful company, so we expect all leaders to bring that same level of care, empathy and attention to detail.
- 8+ years experience in product design
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated ability in plastic and metal part design for consumer products
- 3-D CAD skills, DFM, DFA
- Deep analytical/problem solving skills
- A passion for innovative solutions but the maturity to know when innovation is required
Office Manager / People Operations
The “office” manager / people ops is a unique role within our 100% remote organization, and will partner with our leadership team across multiple aspects of the brand as we scale and and help every family breathe easier — and healthier. The initiatives you tackle may shift on a regular basis, and some core areas you may work on include helping …
- Build out a recruiting process that allows us to scale our team.
- Build out a core program that ensures that all team members, no matter where they sit, feel part of our family.
- Build and improve on internal processes that drive performance and cross-functional alignment.
- Manage special projects and initiatives.
In this role, you'll be someone who is both strategic and can dive down to the 1,000 foot level to help teams achieve our collective goals. High EQ is a must, as well as the adaptability to navigate fluently across different priorities.
- 2+ years in a people ops related role
- Experience working with and scaling a rapidly growing team, ideally in consumer tech
- An ability to build rapport in a virtual environment, and work seamlessly across teams to break down silos
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a note on why you think this role would be a good fit.
Dream Role [Open Call]
Have a role you think you’d be an amazing fit for that you don’t see here? We’d love to hear! We’re always looking for thoughtful, caring air breathers who want to make a difference to join our crew. Please drop us a note at email@example.com with what you have in mind.